Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Blankets- Blog Post



This was the first time that I had seen a trailer for a book.  I actually didn't know that book trailers existed...but I guess they do.  I thought the trailer was incredibly well done, although very simple, it managed to go over all the main themes, plots and characters.  The graphic novel starts out going through Craig's childhood and teenage years,  and goes over how he and his brother would share secrets under the blankets and how he had to overcome many "demons" and difficult things in his life.  Another main theme that arises in this novel is faith and the devotion to God/Jesus.  I for one grew up questioning my parents (who were never very religious) about God and church and why the Bible says certain things.  Because they could never give a good answer I disregarded the idea one "correct" or "proper" religion.  Craig also questions his faith and is very unsure of everything, even more unsure once Raina comes into play.  Craig's relationship with Raina is the most important and by far most interesting aspect of the novel.  I usually don't go for lovey-dovey bullplop, but this was strangely intriguing. I would probably do the trailer the same way if I had the option to, I didn't see anything wrong with it.  It was straightforward enough for me to understand what the novel is about, but ambiguous enough to leave me wanting more.  All in all, great trailer, great book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment